The Most Beautiful Album in Life Pt. 1


When I first heard BTS, I was not as convinced that they were worth my time and interest.

user uploaded image

I thought of them as your typical boy band: shallow, unfriendly, and completely unworthy of my time when it came to music quality. Turns out I was under the quintessential influence from my mother country, the US, which had taught me that all boy bands were deemed with the same sound and concept.

user uploaded image

Perhaps their musical compositions just hadn't caught my eye yet, or I was distracted by the fact their style seemed to differ from many artists I heard in the west.
However, without question, I was patently missing something there, because it got me curious as I was watching American Hustle Life when Bangtan was being mentored by legends in the rap/hip-hop world — my initial thought was that they must've been very talented in order for such people to engage with them — nevertheless even teach them. It was surely captivating and definitely played with my mind, but it just wasn't enough, and I had to take another listen.

user uploaded image

Then, while I was browsing through Spotify, I found "The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 1", and I found myself suddenly nodding my head to the beat, mouthing the chorus and words that I hopefully caught on with my brief listen, whilst humming to the music. At that certain moment, I was thinking, “wow, so this what people were talking about".
It opens with “Intro: Mood for Love" — a track in which Suga worked on producing.


The title itself is awfully interesting, especially considering the song’s message and motif. It seems as if with knowledge his life had been hit with a corrosive, tropical storm of anxiety, Suga was still able to find happiness. The subtle, yet defined beat of a basketball, and squeak of his sneakers makes this song a ride of emotions rather than a song.
Suga uses basketball to express his message. He uses the refreshing yet frustrating effort to reach the rim, the stress of scoring regardless of the distance or hardships is simply so satisfying and relatable on spiritual levels for many fans. We live in a world where happiness is entirely defined by our success.

user uploaded image

While I was listening, there was a period where he simply stopped — his aggravated voice, somewhat snarky and raw voice appeared. Before reading the lyrics, I was puzzled as to why the steady beat of the basketball and squeaks seemed to subside. I could tell that he was reaching the climax and message of the song.
I was able to check when I got home, and the part where the basketball's bouncing ends is when Suga tells us that he's happy. That tells us that even through his anxiety, worries, and looming face of reality, he was able to make it through the rough patches, thus reaching the "rim" in which he was aiming for so long.

It was simply genius as to using this song as the comeback trailer for the album. It compells you from the very beginning, then starts to bring you into another perspective and world.
The lyrics and musical attention is once again shed upon the lead single, “I NEED U". It was one of the rare occasions in which autotune and dubstep were used in the same track; I had never heard of songs that had such attributes, so it was almost alien to me, but I was able to enjoy it.


In all, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 1 had really dug deeper into who BTS was, particularly Suga. It exposed fans towards making yourself happy, loving those you care about, and the grit that life throws as you. The album ends with the outro, "Love Is Not Over" — it's a very short track, but it left an imprint on my heart.
"Love is so painful
Goodbyes are even more painful.”

The piano that accompanies the track is truly the major feed towards the outro's overall feeling of intimacy and benevolence.
What I appreciate so much about this track is its concision and precision put forth. Many K-pop groups would attempt to follow this by adding a couple phrases and words that work together in order to create a sensational song. However, "Love Is Not Over" characterizes a message that was exhibited so well.

The perfectly raw and powerful The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 1 easily fits in with one of the best music BTS has ever produced thus far. The music itself provides a sense of euphoria for the listener, whilst being able to emit a gusty distortion of puzzling concepts that were soon after being heavily studied by ARMYs.
The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 1 is genuinely the most effective and influential albums I've heard. it not only provides riveting beats and serene cinematography, but also very complex and wonderful composition of lyrics.

It's surely obvious that really much any music BTS produces aren't being made carelessly, or deliberately, but rather with the exactitude by rising stars that deserve to be heard.

user uploaded image

First Written: 4/15/2017
Originally Posted Here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[UPDATED] Youth Theories

BTS: Breaking Language Barriers